Tag Archives: Object
Today we are publishing the investor presentation prepared to describe the merger. Here is an analysis with some key takeaways:
- Areas of synergy include a portfolio of complementary products and the strength of a combined leadership team
- Deal highlights for new merged entity:
- Stock-for-stock merger with 55% owned by Stratasys; 45% by Objet
- Will combine under the public ticker SSYS on NASDAQ
- Blended management team: Stratasys CEO becomes Chairman and Objet CEO becomes combined CEO
- Dual HQ in Minnesota and Israel
- Transaction expected to close in Q3
- Objet has 2800 customers of 3D printers; 2011 revenue of $121M and net income of $14M; based in Israel with 430 employees
- Stratasys had 2011 revenue of $156M and net income of $22M
- Combined entity has $125.7M in cash and short term equivalents
Investment advice site The Motley Fool posted a review of the emerging 3D printing industry. Naturally their attention turned to the performance of public companies in the space.
Objet inc. has recently filed for an IPO valuing itself at $500,000,000 with the last years of revenues topping $150,000,000. Object is one of the biggest 3D printing companies although there are many already trading on the exchanges. Stratasys (NASDAQ: SSYS) is the maker of additive manufacturing machines for prototyping manufacturing and making plastic parts. Stratasys has a market capitalization of 771 million dollars with a P/E of 38.03. 3D Systems (NYSE: DDD) is a manufacturer of 3D printing software and the printers themselves. The company has 1.36 billion market capitalization with a P/E of 35.21.
Expect more IPOs in this space!
Read more at The Motley Fool.