Shapeways Offers Premium Silver Material for 3D Printing Fine Objects
3D printing marketplace Shapeways has introduced premium silver material for creating fine jewelry and other long-lasting items.
From the Shapeways blog:
Premium Silver is our 3D printed Sterling Silver taken to the next level with an incredibly smooth, glossy surface to give your designs a truly professional finish. We will be offering Premium Silver for a six week trial until Tuesday May the 14th, during which we will assess the pricing and design rules. If you love this new finish as much as we already do, we will keep it as a permanent material option on Shapeways.
Finished 3D prints are hand polished to give them that professional look.
During the trial, premium silver will be priced as follows:
- Handling Fee Per Model: $45 (up to 1.7 cm3), $78 (1.7 – 3.4 cm3), Free (above 3.4 cm3)
- Price Per cm3: $28 (up to 3.4 cm3), $75 (above 3.4 cm3)
- 1.0 cm3 item will cost $73.00
- 1.7 cm3 item will cost $92.60
- 1.8 cm3 item will cost $128.40
- 3.4 cm3 item wil cost $173.20
- 3.5 cm3 item will cost $262.50
More details at Shapeways.