Tag Archives: Cube
3D Printing News
A roundup of the top 3D printing news from April 1 to April 7:
- 3D Printing on Asteroids and Mars (Video)
- The Crowd Loves 3D Printing! Kickstarter 3D Printing Summary
Get your exclusive 15% discount to the Inside 3D Printing conference with discount code PRINT.
Cube 3D Printer Events
AC Gears is a curated electronics & lifestyle store in the village of New York City with unique, useful, and innovative products from the US and around the world. They also sell 3D printers. In April, they are hosting several 3D printing events in partnership with 3D Systems.
3D Systems announced that AC Gears will host a series of 3D printing events featuring the popular Cube 3D printer at their Manhattan store on April 4th and 18th, 2013 from 6pm-8pm. The newest Cube, unveiled at CES in January, will be showcased at the events and adults and children alike are encouraged to play, design and print while enjoying great music.
Awarded “easiest to use” and “most reliable” by Make Magazine, 3D Systems has made its Cube 3D printer even easier to own and simpler to use by offering a Print Pack valued at, $1,500, for just $1,399. This comprehensive value pack includes the Cube 3D printer, 4 cartridges, 25 free prints and Cubify® Invent design software, the only 3D design tool optimized for 3D printing. Cubify.com provides more easy printing options for new users with 3D apps that generate free print files and an entire 3D printing marketplace of items to choose from.
Cube 3D Printer Features
The Cube is available for purchase at the AC Gears store in Manhattan. Product features include:
- Up to 1.5X faster print speed and 2X better accuracy for printed parts up to 5.5” cubed.
- Printing in two materials, compostable PLA and recyclable ABS plastics available in 16 different color cartridges including new glow-in-the dark green and blue and metallic silver colors.
- Cube offers a choice of print mode fill density: lite, medium and solid in both PLA and ABS plastics with optional easy, breakaway supports for the most complex prints. Moisture-lock cartridge ensures extended shelf life and total material usage, improving print quality and sustainability.
- The printer detects material type automatically based on the cartridge, eliminating the need to change print settings.
- Aside from being the only 3D printer on the market to print via WiFi, Cube meets all IEC 60950 Printer Safety Requirements, making it the only consumer 3D printer that is safe for home use by children.
Are you in NYC and want to attend? Here are the details:
Who: Cubify and AC Gears
What: Showcasing of Cubify’s Cube printers
When: Thursday, April 4th and 18th, 6 p.m. – 8 p.m.
Where: AC Gears
69 E. 8th Street
New York City, NY 10003
More about AC Gears: The company was founded in 2007 and was selected by Inc Magazine in 2010 as one of America’s fastest growing companies and has appeared on Times, Forbes, Wall Street Journal, The New York Times, Wired, among others. AC Gears and its gadgets have appeared on The New York Times, NBC, CBS, The Wall Street Journal, Wired, Rolling Stone, The Jay Leno Show, among others.
Photo provided by AC Gears and used with permission.
A roundup of the top 3D printing news from March 18 to March 24:
Abe Reichental, CEO of 3D Systems, speaks with Peter Marsh from Financial Times about the launch of the Cube 3D printer and the potential disruption of 3D printing in the video below.
A roundup of the top 3D printing news from March 11 to March 17:
Monday, March 11