A Look Back: 3D Printing in 2010 [Interactive Timeline]
2010 was a pivotal year in 3D printing technology. In an interactive timeline, TeamTeamUSA lists the key developments that moved the industry over the year.
- January – HP announced a 3D printer
- January – First 3D printer featured at CES
- February – Apple sells 3D printed iPhone cases
- April/May – Shapeways introduces new materials, including glass and gold
- June – Lifesize King Tut Mummy printed
- July – 3D printed fashion
- November – 3D prints added to Smithsonian Collection
- November – Maker factory launches
- December – Thing-o-matic ships
- December – 3D printed flute
Check out the full timeline at Dipity.