MakerBot Celebrates Dads and Grads with 3D Printing Deals
MakerBot Offers 3D Printing Deals for Dads and Grads
Every year, June marks Father’s Day and graduation season, or “Dads and Grads” as marketers call it. If you’re looking for something unique to celebrate the occasion, 3D printer company MakerBot has a few great gift ideas.
First, MakerBot is offering access to their 3D Photo Booth in their NYC store, free on June 9 from 12pm to 6pm.
We visited the store in April and checked out the scanner for ourselves. Here’s how it works:
- You sit in a booth and are surrounded by cameras.
- You line your head up so that it fits in the frame shown on the screen.
- Cameras take multiple photos from multiple angles.
- And that’s it! In a few hours, you have a digital head waiting for you on Thingiverse.
- You can buy a 3D printed version of your head for $20 to $60.
The second offer is for Grads:
We’ll also be celebrating graduates this June at the MakerBot Store. Any recent graduate that brings in a copy of his/her diploma or proof of graduation will receive a free MakerBot 2013 Graduation 3D printed lithopane. If you’ve seen our lithopanes on Thingiverse, you already know about the awesomeness in store. Graduation lithopanes will be available June 1 – 30, so be sure to stop in while supplies last.