Tag Archives: Pinterest
A roundup of the top news On 3D Printing brought you from April 30 to May 6.
Monday, April 30
- Why Google Sold SketchUp and What It Means for 3D Printing
- 3D Printing Companies Exhibiting at Maker Faire 2012
Tuesday, May 1
- Top 10 Countdown: Most Popular 3D Printing Stories in April
- Futuristic Medicine: 3D Printed Jaw Implant Rescues 83-Year-Old Woman
Wednesday, May 2
- 3D Printing the Rosetta Stone for Kids Toys: Nerd Dad Triumph
- Inspiring High School Students to be Tomorrow’s Designers: 3D Printing [Video]
Thursday, May 3
- Shapeways Feed is a Pinterest for 3D Printing Designs
- Stable Design: 3D Printing with Autodesk 123D and MakerBot [Video]
Friday, May 4
3D printing marketplace and community Shapeways has launched a new website featured called Shapeways Feed. Simply put, it’s a real-time Pinterest for 3D printable designs. Or as Shapeways puts it: “Our newly launched Feed is the best way to discover all the cool stuff people are making!”
Beautiful feature, and very effective at showcasing how many new high-quality designs are being published every day.
I immediately found two designs that I thought were amazing.
This “I miss you!” bracelet has a jigsaw puzzle design with a piece missing, created by badulaques.
And this Nocturnal timepiece is a very old instrument for telling time at night by measuring the stars. While concept is ancient, this design is all original. It is fully functional (all dials move properly) and meant to be worn as a pendant. Created by Whystler.
Great addition Shapeways! Our only request is that you enable 3rd party sites like ours to embed your feed. When will that be possible?