Tag Archives: Iron Man
Here are the top 10 most popular stories On 3D Printing brought you in April 2012.
10. We explored innovative and strange 3D printing concepts, from chocolate to stone to candy to organs!
9. Former MakerBot COO is launching a new 3D printer called Solidoodle, with a $500 price tag.
8. The Forbidden City is cloned with 3D printing (photo above).
7. Hollywood’s storytellers turn to 3D printing, including Iron Man.
6. The lucrative toy industry is challenged by 3D printed generics.
5. The Economist publishes a special report on 3D printing, called “The Third Industrial Revolution“.
4. Google sold 3D modeling software SketchUp to Trimble.
3. We analyzed the market size of 3D printing creators and consumers.
2. Stratasys merged with Objet, and we captured the key deal points.
1. Leapfrog launches a new 3D printer line in Europe.
Thanks for reading in April!
Hollywood’s storytellers are starting to turn to 3D printing for solving problems that CGI can’t solve. In the movie Iron Man 2, Oscar-nominated effects studio Legacy Effects partnered with Objet to produce some of the high tech suit worn by Robert Downey Jr.
CNET interviewed Jason Lopes from Legacy Interactive, “I think it’s starting to infiltrate more in Hollywood, and more and more people who know what comes out of our studio are seeing how this technology can assist any industry.”
Watch the video below to see more about 3D printing on the set of Iron Man 2.